Capstone Meeting Essential
Capstone Meeting Essential
Reflection Assignment #3: Meeting Essential III
This week, reflect on your perception of healthcare delivery models and the nurse’s role in public health programs as it has evolved over the course of your RN-BSN program at WCU. Identify specific healthcare delivery models you support, and compare and contrast public health programs you are familiar with. How does your academic work support evidence of meeting the following? Reflection 3 Capstone Meeting Essential III
Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence-Based Practice
- Outcome #2: Demonstrate an understanding of the basic elements of the research process and models for applying evidence to clinical practice.
- Outcome #5: Participate in the process of retrieval, appraisal, and synthesis of evidence in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team to improve patient outcomes.
- Outcome #6: Integrate evidence, clinical judgment, interprofessional perspectives, and patient preferences in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes of care.
- Outcome #7: Collaborate in the collection, documentation, and dissemination of evidence. Capstone Meeting Essential
Review your past academic work, evaluate your effectiveness at meeting this program essential, and ponder the impact that this proficiency will have on your future.
Identify how you met the essential by referring to the assignment(s) specifically in your response. Additionally, reflect on and make connections between your academic experience and real-world applications.
Showcase your academic work related to this essential and these outcomes in your ePortfolio and directly reference it in your reflection response.
Recommended: Refer to work you completed for NURS 561 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and NURS 350 Research in Nursing, as well as other courses, to gather academic examples and evidence of having met this essential.
Your reflection should be 1-1/2 to 2 pages, and APA formatted. Reference and cite any sources you use
* Use NURS 561 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention assignment attached about drug use and misuse (in the research performed to gather the information) , and NURS 350 Research in Nursing in the importance of research in the nursing process
- Review past course work that supports this Essential and related outcomes. A good reference point is to look back at NURS Use NURS 561 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and NURS 350 Research in Nursing (a paper, a journal entry, an activity, a discussion, etc).
- THEN directly reference the TITLE of those assignments, provide 2-3 sentences with the knowledge you gained from it. THEN provide 3-4 sentences of how this knowledge was applied in your own nursing practice. This is your ‘evidence’ of HOW you met this Essential. Do NOT give a full explanation from your original paper to avoid duplication of information. NO copy and paste. (just a quick reflective lookback is all that is needed)
- Need title and reference page just as you would for any other paper. BE sure to cite your own paper as the ‘author’ in the ‘References’ if you are directly citing a part of your paper.
Use the following coupon code :