Choose the correct development process for Freud’s mental structures.
Assignment: Gestalt therapy
1. Design and produce a debate (1,000-1,250 words) in which you have a psychologist from the Gestalt therapy perspective debate a psychologist from the person-centered perspective as to how and why people become aware of psychological problems.
2. You will serve as moderator for the debate. That means that you, as moderator, will design the questions that you ask each of your fictitious psychologists and will also write their responses. There is no fixed number of questions, but plan to ask your debaters at least half a dozen or so.
3. Use a standard debate format in which you ask the respondents alternating questions and allow the other debater to respond to the first debaters answer to your question.
4. APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected
Read each question and select the correct answer.
1. Susie has never felt comfortable with her therapist. While she has no reason for her feelings, she is easily angered by his questions and feels as though he is judging her. Susie has often thought that the therapist reminds her of her father. This is a case of
a. An ego defense mechanism
2. Choose the correct development process for Freud’s mental structures.
a. Id, superego, ego
b. Ego, superego, id
c. Ego, id, superego
d. Id, ego, superego
3. Choose the example of operant conditioning.
a. Anxiety when an abusive person walks into the room
b. Hesitance to touch a light switch because of previous shocks
c. Children rising from their seats to go outside when a bell rings
d. Improvement in writing skills from praise and positive coaching
4. Choose the example of classical conditioning.
a. Continuing to play the slot machine after hitting a small jackpot
b. Staying on a diet
c. Walking out of an elevator when the door opens, regardless of the floor
d. Driving the speed limit after getting a ticket
5. An effective interviewing behavior during an assessment includes the following.
6. Which of the following is a multicultural issue for any of the psychological instruments customarily used in the United States?
a. Level of acculturation
b. Preconceived notions
c. Theoretical orientation
d. Distortion of information
7. One of the common concerns associated with IQ testing is that
a. a wide variety of human behaviors is being measured
b. a person’s performance is compared against others’ performances
c. testing is used to learn about cognitive strengths and weaknesses
d. there is a possibility of racial bias
8. Larry is a single, 40-year-old male who runs his own business. Lately, he feels tired all the time, lacks motivation and appetite, and is not enthusiastic about anything. Based on his symptoms, which type of interview is most appropriate to use?
b. Mental status
9. Which of the following is a potential threat to effective interviewing?
a. Time of day
b. Interviewer bias
c. Structured interviews
10. Examples of objective personality tests include all but this test.
c. MMPI- 2
d. Sixteen Personality Factors