chronic illness with a specific focus on cystic fibrosis (CF)
Possible discussion points for Part B
Below is a list of discussion points/key questions that can guide the discussion in Part B of this assignment. You should choose 2 to discuss and spend roughly the same number of words on each. All discussion should be linked to previous research (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles):
- Discuss any potential issues related to treatment adherence for someone with CF and identify factors that enhance or inhibit adherence to treatment at different life stages.
- Discuss psychological factors related to food or nutrition for people with CF.
- Discuss the impact of having CF within the family network.
- Discuss coping mechanisms used by children with CF and/or family members of someone with CF
- Discuss factors involved with the relationships/ social networks that someone with CF can maintain?
- Discuss how positive coping strategies or elements of resilience might be useful to dealing with CF.
- Discuss grief/loss in relation to CF (either from the perspective of someone with CF or a family member of someone with CF).
- Discuss psychological factors that might influence choices to participate in clinical trials.
- Discuss mental health and CF.
- Discuss challenges faced by parents/family members of a child with CF.
- You can also devise your own (relevant) discussion point or modify one of the points above.