Describe the translation science model you will be using or are considering using as a part of your project
Our focus on learning this week has been related to defining health care policy, invested stakeholders, and ways in which the practice scholar can advocate for change. As you consider the readings and learning activities this week, it is time to apply these activities to your proposed DNP Project. Answer the following questions as it relates to your DNP Project:
1. Have you met with the decision-makers at the practicum site to determine the type of problem they are having and ways in which your project might be developed to address this problem? What was the outcome of this meeting?
(I’m working in an STDs prevention and treatment clinic. We have problems with the patient follow-up, some of them don’t come back for the 3 months recheck after starting PrEP medications, they are more interested in STDs treatment than in prevention. Also, problems involving the community and the vulnerable population on STDs prevention. Planning health fairs, awareness community, and predisposed population. Directly screening homeless, drug users, sex workers, but for that is needed more funds and to bring the screening and treatment directly to them. Using the internet and educative platforms. Adequate training all the staff). You can add or modify whatever you found pertinent.
2. Please share your proposed PICOT question in question format. Is this PICOT question likely to change in the future?
(CAN BE this one that I created: Does adolescents with high-risk sexual behavior, who start PrEP medication and sexual education programs, compared with adolescents not in the prevention program, improve sexual behavior, within the six months of initiating the treatment?
3. Describe the translation science model you will be using or are considering using as a part of your project. (you can use: Bardach’s Model of Health Policy Analysis}
4. What is the current priority you have for the development of your project and do you believe you have support for this project from the practicum site decision-makers?
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply. Include the Doi or URL link.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used