Explain leadership theory and critically examine ideas of leadership in relation to the role of the nurse
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT: Learning-Leadership Challenges Assignment
Learning-Leadership Challenges Assignment
Leading and Learning-Leadership Challenges- Nursing Reflective Writing Assignment
Learning outcomes measured:
1. Explain leadership theory and critically examine ideas of leadership in relation to the role of the nurse and the nursing profession, including the provision of safe and quality person- centred care.
2. Identify personal learning and leadership styles and reflect on how these can influence health care settings and enable self-development.
3. Analyse contemporary health care environments to explain key leadership challenges for the future of nursing—including global health challenges and the impact of digital health, health technology and health informatics on health care.
This assessment requires you to apply leadership and learning skills, by reflecting on and thoughtfully responding to clinical scenarios. There are two parts, designed to allow feedback on your individual progress.
Part one requires you to read through the RN short stories in Gordon’s (2010) When chicken soup isn’t enough (available online as QUT library eBook), and identify a single scenario that you find significant and challenges your thinking as a beginning student nurse.
Write a short personal reflection that explores:
1. Why you identify with that story as significant – personal values, assumptions and beliefs
2. The issues raised for you and your professional development as a student nurse, and
3. How your preferred leading and learning style might influence your response if faced with a similar situation in clinical practice
Part two builds on your short reflection :
Develop an action plan, supported with evidence-based literature, to address the issues raised for your personal development as a leader and learner.
Your essay should (with approximate word limits):
1. Provide a brief introduction outlining the structure of the essay .
2. Include a revised short personal reflection (from part one) based on your tutor’s feedback.
3. Develop and discuss clear strategies for each of the leadership challenges identified, supported with evidence-
4. Draw some key conclusions about what you have learned from the unit assessment
Your assignment should be well-referenced. As a guide, you should have cited at least 10 journal articles for part two.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.