Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA)
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals. (Dorothea Orem (1971)—self-care deficit model: Self-care, self-care deficits, and nursing systems)
- Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
- Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
- Identify the contributions oftwohistorical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century. (Florence Nightengale and Dorothea Orem)
- Compare the differences in contributions of the twohistorical figures identified in part B.
- Describe how the contributions of thetwohistorical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
- Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Define the roles of these twoorganizations.
- Explain how these twoorganizations influence your nursing practice.
- Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
- Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
- Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
- Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
- Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
- Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in Illinois and its impact on your professional practice.
- Discuss the scope of practice for a RN in your state.
- Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
- Apply eachof the following roles to your professional practice:
- a scientist
- a detective
- a manager of the healing environment
- Identify twoprovisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see web link below).
- Analyze how the twoprovisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe a nursing error that may occur in a clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, or simulation).
- Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in part G2.
- Identifyfourleadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing. (1-Maintain honesty and integrity in work and relationships—trust is essential for effective leadership., 2- Maintain a confident, positive outlook—identify areas in which you are weak, and seek help to learn and grow, 3- Ethical and fair treatment for all through a commitment to relationships based on fairness and trust with our patients and our employees, 4- Teamwork is consistently demonstrated as we work together to provide ever-improving quality care
- Discuss the significance of the fourleadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role aseach of the following:
- a leader at the bedside
- within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
- Identify how your work environment impacts the following:
- nursing leadership
- decision making
- professional development
- Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.