I’m working on a business discussion question and need guidance to help me learn.
Some companies are linked forever to their founders. A century after Henry Ford rolled his first automobiles off the assembly line, Ford Motor Company is still associated with its founding father. Bill Gates and Paul Allen are the men behind Microsoft. The legacy of their rival, Steve Jobs, is Apple. When the face of a person also becomes the face of a firm, the company can benefit from the good publicity that a personal image provides. But a founder’s fate can dramatically affect the health of the firm as well, as in the case of Steve Jobs.
- Does the public have the right to be fully informed when a key executive is seriously ill and/or takes a medical leave?
Discussion Assignment Instructions:
- You are to actively participate in this discussion, by answering the question above.
- Please respond in full sentences, with attention to proper grammar and spelling, and avoid the use of sentence fragments.
- You should create a substantive post that demonstrates your achievement of the participation criteria.
- In addition, you should also respond to the posts of at least one of your fellow learners for each discussion topic.
- The responses to other learners should also be substantive posts that contribute to the conversation by asking questions, respectfully debating positions, and presenting supporting information relevant to the topic.
- Allow other learners time to respond, you are to post your initial responses in the discussion area within the dates identified in the calendar. Also, respond to any follow-up questions the instructor directs to you in the discussion area.
- Comment to other learners’ posts by the final deadline, also identified in the calendar.
- Also, respond to any follow-up questions the instructor directs to you in the discussion area.