How can we introduce new technology into the workplace?
APA style, 3double spaced, 6sources,
I need both tasks to be done, you can choose a topic from the list of the topics below.
Please follow the proper instructions.
The topics you can choose from:
· Industrial/Organizational Psychology
· Scientific Methods.
· Attitudes in the Workplace,
· Groups and Teams in Organizations
· Power and Influence
· Positive Organizational Psychology
· Occupational Health
· Decision Making
· Counterproductive Work Behavior
The book is: People and Work in Canada: Industrial and Organizational Psychology (2011), Kelloway,
Catano, & Day, Nelson. ISBN: 0-17-650181-9
This purpose of the first part of this assignment is to give you some experience thinking like an
Industrial Psychologist. As we’ve discussed in class, Industrial Psychologists ask certain types of
questions: How can we make workers more productive? How can we select the best people to
work for us? How can we introduce new technology into the workplace? How can we make
downsizing and mergers go more smoothly. And many more!
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our Verified MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
For the first part of this assignment you will develop a question that an Industrial Psychologist
might ask and then design an experiment that could test it.
Almost everyone has worked at some point in their lives. For this assignment I’d like you to think
about a problem that arose in your workplace related to any topic covered in this class (Check the
course outline for possible topics). If you have never worked please ask someone you know has
worked for an example or consider a problem from an organization or group you belonged to
that wasn’t strictly a workplace (e.g., volunteering).
1) For one mark please state your problem and which topic it is related to.
2) For one mark please select a theory discussed in class or in the textbook that you
believe might suggest a possible solution to the problem.
3) For one mark please state your proposed solution and explain how it is derived from
your chosen theory.
4) For one mark state the dependent variable in your proposed experiment.
5) For one mark state the independent variable(s) in your proposed experiment.
6) For two marks create a design matrix that shows your expected results.
7) For two marks create a between-groups study map that could test your idea.
8) For two marks create a within-groups study map that could test your idea.
9) For two marks discuss the pros and cons choosing a between vs. within groups design.
For two more marks, state which you would choose if you were running this study in
real life and why?
10) Finally, pretend you are working for a consulting firm as an Industrial Psychologist. For
five marks write one page that summarizes the problem, the reasons for the problem,
and why your solution works (hypothetically). Remember, you are writing this with the
intention of selling your services to another company. So include statements that explain
how widespread the problem is, its potential costs to a company, and why someone should
hire you to implement your solution.
The purpose of the second part of this assignment is to help you gain a deeper understanding of
a specific topic from the field of Industrial Psychology and also to learn how to find and
understand empirical research articles.
Your task is to select a second topic covered in this course (again, check the course outline for
possibilities) and gather several research articles on that topic.
1. For one mark choose a second topic covered in this class and state it.
2. Find five primary peer-reviewed empirical research articles on this topic. This means that the
article presents new research that the authors conducted. At least three of these articles
should be published after 2004. My advice is to start with an article mentioned in class or in
the textbook that you think is interesting and then try to find it online using Google Scholar,
visiting the author’s personal website or using the Library at Ryerson. Then check out the
references section to find other articles that might be of interest to you. For five marks
create a references page that conforms to APA style and lists these five articles (tip: search
online for “Purdue OWL” for tips on how to follow APA style).
3. Choose one study from one article and make a design matrix. 2 marks
4. Create a study map of this study. 2 marks.
5. For one mark state whether the study is between groups, within-groups or nonexperimental.
6. For one mark paste the abstracts and titles of your five articles into your assignment.
32 total marks