Understanding the definitions of model, theory, framework, and philosophy is critical when conducting research. It is also important to understand how each of these terms relates to each other in relation to nursing knowledge. Ivey (2015) states the meaning of model is a “verbal or graphic representation of an idea or set of ideas.” Models assist in the visualization of theories that have been created.The concept of theory is more difficult to understand and explain. According to Butts, 2014, the meaning of theory is “presupposing simplistic, reduced accounts of a seemingly rich phenomenon, and on the other hand, offering abstract, complicated and intelligible answers” (p. 71). Theory development can be difficult but begins with a nurse seeking a deeper understanding of a phenomenon and to provide a deeper understanding for fellow nurses.According to Meehan (2012), nursing philosophy “balances attentive tenderness in nurse-patient relationships with clinical skill and judgement” (p. 2905). Philosophies often provide guidelines in providing patient care. As nursing grows as a profession, the development of philosophies also continues to occur. Nursing has diversified as much as the medical profession and each area of nursing is in need of philosophies to assist in providing quality nursing care.ReferencesButts, J.B., & Rich, K.L. (2015). Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Barlett Learning.Ivey, J. (2015). Demystifying research. How important is a conceptual framework? Pediatric Nursing, 41(3), 145-15.Meehan, T.C. (2012). The careful nursing philosophy and professional practice model. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 21(19/20), 2905-2916. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2702.2012.04214.x.Dr. Leffel
How important is a conceptual framework?
Our Service Charter
1. Professional & Expert Writers: Nursing Experts .org only hires the best. Our writers are specially selected and recruited, after which they undergo further training to perfect their skills for specialization purposes. Moreover, our writers are holders of masters and Ph.D. degrees. They have impressive academic records, besides being native English speakers.
2. Top Quality Papers: Our customers are always guaranteed of papers that exceed their expectations. All our writers have +5 years of experience. This implies that all papers are written by individuals who are experts in their fields. In addition, the quality team reviews all the papers before sending them to the customers.
3. Plagiarism-Free Papers: All papers provided by Nursing Experts .org are written from scratch. Appropriate referencing and citation of key information are followed. Plagiarism checkers are used by the Quality assurance team and our editors just to double-check that there are no instances of plagiarism.
4. Timely Delivery: Time wasted is equivalent to a failed dedication and commitment. Nursing Experts .org is known for timely delivery of any pending customer orders. Customers are well informed of the progress of their papers to ensure they keep track of what the writer is providing before the final draft is sent for grading.
5. Affordable Prices: Our prices are fairly structured to fit in all groups. Any customer willing to place their assignments with us can do so at very affordable prices. In addition, our customers enjoy regular discounts and bonuses.
6. 24/7 Customer Support: Nursing Experts .org, we have put in place a team of experts who answer to all customer inquiries promptly. The best part is the ever-availability of the team. Customers can make inquiries anytime.