Identify TWO (2) nursing/midwifery concerns/needs with evidence from your chosen scenario
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT: Discussion: Aim of Assessment
Discussion: Aim of Assessment
Aim of assessment
The purpose of this guided essay is to enable students to consolidate nursing/midwifery issues covered in class materials and to determine students' understanding of the topics and applications, in preparation for transition into the professional nursing and midwifery workforce. This is a guided essay based on a case study where the students respond by answering a series of questions.
Using EITHER Scenario A or Scenario B- please answer the following Questions:
1. Investigate and outline the prevalence/incidence of depression AND suicide in Australia – Ensure your answer covers: gender, age groups, specific risk groups, hospitalisation and recovery.
2. Using current literature discuss factors that may have contributed to the development of the client's presentation, mental health concerns and risks. Ensure you highlight at least 2 factors.
Discussion: Aim of Assessment
3. Using current literature discuss the ethical and legal issues related to your scenario (ensure you discuss at least one ethical issue AND at least one legal issue). Your work should include reference to ethical principles.
4. Identify TWO (2) nursing/midwifery concerns/needs with evidence from your chosen scenario-
These should be directly related to the person's mental health presentation. Ensure you discuss why you have included these two particular concerns or needs. Your risk identification should be focused on the next 1-5 days of nursing/midwifery care for your client.
5. For each nursing / midwifery concern / problem you have identified in Question 4. outline and describe TWO (2) evidence based nursing / midwifery interventions (ie: what you would actually do as a nurse / midwife to support the person and how you would do it). You should present a total of 4 interventions. Your interventions should be focused on nursing / midwifery care for your client over the next 1-5 days. They must be interventions which you would actually undertake directly with your client within your role as a nurse or midwife.
Ensure your intervention states what you would exactly do, how, who would carry this out and when. You are also required to provide a clear rationale for each nursing / midwifery intervention (i.e. why have you chosen the particular nursing interventions? How will the interventions support the person or positively contribute to the person's recovery journey?) Each intervention and rationale must be supported by current literature.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.