I need help with a power point that identifies a nursing theory that relates to an evidence based issue for a psychiatric nurse practitioner. I need quality, original work.
Review literature regarding issues or concerns within your selected nurse practitioner specialty.
Select a theory or theoretical model which is relevant to the psychiatric nurse practitioner specialty and would offer a meaningful context for evidence-based practice surrounding the issue or concern which you identified.
1. In a PowerPoint Presentation, address the following.
A. Introduction to the presentation
B. Identify and describe a theory or theoretical model, and explain its relevance to your nurse practitioner specialty.
C. Describe an issue or concern that is related to a psychiatric nurse practioner, and explain its impact on health care outcomes
D. Explain how the theory or theoretical model can be used as a framework to guide evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern, and discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or theoretical model.
E. Conclusion to the presentation
Preparing the presentation
1. Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint to create the presentation. Submit as a .ppt or .pptx file.
2. Length: The PowerPoint presentation must be 6-8 total slides (excluding title and reference slides).
3. Speaker notes should be used and include in-text citations when applicable. Use the Notes Page view feature in PowerPoint to include speaker notes in the file.
4. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used.
5. Submission: Submit your PowerPoint file to the Week 7 Dropbox.
Best Practices in Preparing the Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation:
1. Review directions thoroughly.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
5. Review the Creating a Professional Presentation located in Course Resources.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature sources must be used. A minimum of 3 scholarly references are used. References should be published within the past 5 years. A primary source (original theory or writings from theorist) may be used, and primary sources may be older than 5 years. Textbooks are not considered scholarly resources.
8. Abide by CCN academic integrity policy.
|20||10%||Introduction includes general information on what will be presented. Identify sections of the PowerPoint presentation.|
|Identification of Theory or Model (2 slides)||40||20%||Identification and overview of one theory or model. Explanation of its relevance to the selected area of advanced practice nursing.
Provide speaker notes. Speaker notes and/or slides include citations from scholarly nursing literature which support the assertions made.
|Issue or Concern in selected area of Advanced Practice Nursing
|40||20%||Describe one specific issue or concern within the selected area of advanced practice nursing. Explanation of the impact of this issue or concern on health outcomes. Provide speaker notes. Speaker notes and/or slides include citations from scholarly nursing literature which validate the importance of the issue or concern.|
|Theory as Framework for Evidence-based Practice
|40||20%||Explain how the theory or model can serve as a framework to support evidence-based practice to address the issue or concern. Discuss the unique insight or perspective offered through the application of this theory or model. Provide speaker notes. Speaker notes and/or slides include citations from scholarly nursing literature which support the assertions which you present.|
|20||10%||Summarize key information presented in PowerPoint presentation. Provide speaker notes.|
|160||80%||Total CONTENT Points= 160 pts|
|APA Format||10||5%||Ideas and information that come from scholarly sources must be cited and referenced correctly. In-text and parenthetical citations must be used and may be provided on the slide or within the speaker notes. Slides, speaker notes, and references are consistent with APA current edition format. A minimum of three (3) scholarly references are used.|
|Presentation of Slides||10||5%||PowerPoint presentation includes title slide, 7 content slides, reference slide(s). Presentation of slides are professional in appearance and tone. Balance among space, words and graphics, and color is effective.|
|Scholarly Sources||10||5%||Includes all the following elements. A minimum of three scholarly literature references are used: – References are from scholarly sources. – References should be published within the past 5 years. – A primary source (original theory or writings from theorist) may be used, and primary sources may be older than 5 years. – Textbooks may be used but do not count towards scholarly resources|
|Writing Mechanics||10||5%||Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the APA current edition.|
|40||20%||Total FORMAT Points= 40 pts|
|ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=200 points|