Week 1: Examining the Social Work Core Competencies
GC SOC 386 Week 1 Examining the Social Work Core Competencies Latest
Examining the Social Work Core Competencies Details:
In a 500 words reflection, select and discuss research-informed practice and three additional core competencies that align with your identity as a generalist practitioner.
Include the following in your reflection:
- Which of the competencies do you think will be most challenging for you and why?
- How does the strengths perspective inform your role as a generalist practitioner?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide.
Complete “The Role and Value of Theories in Social Work Worksheet” according to the instructions in the worksheet.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines
Examining the Social Work Core Competencies Directions: Applying Theory to Generalist Social Work Practice.(Langer & Lietz, 2014, Figure 2.1) Reflect on your life and the micro, mezzo, or macro systems that affect your life. Make a list of all the systems and place them in the correct category. You do not have to fill all the boxes, however complete at least four in each section. Langer, C. L., & Lietz, C. (2014). Applying theory to generalist social work practice. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
List of System:
- General system (Dale & Smith, 2013)
- Ecological theory (Dale & Smith, 2013)
- Functional theory (Dale & Smith, 2013)
- Symbolic Interaction theory (Dale & Smith, 2013)
- Role theory (Dale & Smith, 2013)
Dale, O., & Smith, R. (2013). Human behavior and social environment: Social systems theory. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Micro Mezzo Macro