Week 3 Assignment – The Joint Commission Workplace Violation PowerPoint
HLT-313v Week 3 Assignment – The Joint Commission Workplace Violation PowerPoint
The Joint Commission Workplace Violation PowerPoint Details:
Perform an Internet search to identify and research and a situation where a health care organization or individual provider in your field of allied health was sanctioned by The Joint Commission or other regulatory body for a violation of one or more of The Joint Commission workplace safety, risk management, and quality care requirements.
Taking the role of the Chief Safety or Risk Management Officer in the organization or a provider’s office who now must deliver an accounting of the incident to the board of directors, develop a slide presentation, containing a title slide, 12 slides of content, and a references slide, focusing on the chosen incident. Your presentation must incorporate the following:
- A brief summary of the incident , including a description as well as the outcome.
- A summary of the applicable Joint Commission and other (e.g., local, state) regulatory standards that apply to the incident.
- A discussion of the mistakes and/or oversights made by the health care organization or individual provider that did or may have led to the incident that occurred, and an accounting of the preventive steps that could have or should have been taken to avoid them.
- A proposal outlining specific education or training the organization or provider will employ to ensure this type of incident does not occur in the future. Include concepts related to continuous quality improvement in your recommendations.
- To create your presentation you can use PowerPoint or a program such as Prezi (www.prezi.com). Speaker’s notes must be included for each individual slide.
You are required to use and cite a minimum of three qualified resources from the readings or the GCU Library in order to complete this assignment successfully.