What is the magnitude of the connection between your hypothesis and the problem?
Assignment: Mental Health Misdiagnosis
This paper is meant to demonstrate your skill in applying the scientific method to develop your understanding of the social problem.
You are to prepare a literature review presenting the scientific literature on your hypothesis. Your literature review should be no less than 5 pages and include no less than 5 sources. You want to search for literature that support and refutes your hypothesis. The goal of this literature review is for you to become an informed about this particular angle to understanding social problem. To be informed is to investigate all sides of your hypothesis.
Some question to consider:
· Is there a scientific consensus regarding your hypothesis?
· Are there any researchers who refute that census?
· How does your hypothesis contribute to the social problem? Be specific. The more specific you are in this, the better your eventual solution will be.
· What is the magnitude of the connection between your hypothesis and the problem? Is it a small contributor? Major contributor? Does it affect the social problem for a subset of people?
Outline of your paper.
1. Introduction which states the social problem and your hypothesis
2. Presentation of your findings
· Do not organize this by presenting each article as in a paragraph saying this article, the next paragraph saying that article, etc
· Instead try to tie articles together. You are presenting a synthesis of the information, not just listing the information. So I want to see how you think the information connects together. Some possibilities
· Arrange together articles that support the hypothesis and those that refute it together. If there are common reason, list the reason and those authors together
· List the common topics together and organize the articles that fit under each topic, knowing that many articles will cover many topics.
3. Conclusion – summarize your analysis of your hypothesis now that you have completed this literature view.
Must be in APA format
Topic: Mental Health misdiagnosis among adolescents