Your 79, year old female patient suffered a stroke 6 months ago.
Ticket to Class
• Place in Bright Space prior to the start of class
• No single word responses (At least 200 – 300 words in your response.
• Give questions some thought and answer honestly and sincerely
• Give examples if you have them
• Cite resources
• Your 79, year old female patient suffered a stroke 6 months ago. She is cared for in her sister’s home. The patient is dependent for position changes. She is unable to communicate the need to be turned. She must be fed at all meals. She has a stage II pressure injury on her sacral area.
• Develop a teaching plan for the family to ensure that the patient’s needs are met